qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Anyone got qemu-system-ppc{,64} to boot anything?

From: Richard W.M. Jones
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Anyone got qemu-system-ppc{,64} to boot anything?
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:07:18 +0100

The problem in the parent message was because I was using the wrong
CPU.  Although the binary is called 'qemu-system-ppc64', don't be
misled into thinking that means it'll emulate a 64 bit PowerPC
processor!  Oh no, you have to supply the extra '-cpu ppc64'
parameter.

Most of the '-M' options appear to be non-functional, segfaulting or
hanging or complaining about missing BIOS images.

I've had no more luck with 'qemu-system-ppc'.

So has _anyone_ got an example of qemu-system-ppc{,64} booting an OS
that they can share with us?

Rich.

Fedora now supports 75 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)