qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Planning for the 0.11.0 release

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Planning for the 0.11.0 release
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:58:12 -0500

Paul Brook wrote:
Right, that part I'm okay with.  But the vCont based gdb model presumes
a unified address space which while usually true for kernel address
spaces, isn't universally true and certainly not true when PC is in
userspace.  That's what I understood to be the major objection to vCont.

The thread bits are the wrong way to do things, but are probably relatively harmless for now. Expect me to remove them at the first available opportunity.

I'll queue 1-3 then and we'll leave 4 for post-0.11 debate.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori