qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: FAUmachine

From: Volkmar Sieh
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: FAUmachine
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 08:54:22 +0100

Hi!

Thank you Alexander for introduction!

> Hi list,
>
> there's been a lot of discussion about abstraction of hardware devices
> and machine description.
>
> Last Saturday I've been running into some developers from the University
> of Erlangen (FAU) who work on an x86 emulator, used to simulate machine
> failures (memory bit flips, hard drive failures) [1].
>
> The most interesting part of their project appears to be the hardware
> abstraction layer. So in the general discussion of creating a generic
> machine description, it might be a good idea to get them to contribute
> their experience to Qemu :-). Maybe we can learn about dead ends and
> unexplored alternatives from them.
>
> FAUmachine guys, it would be awesome if you could either point us to a
> thorough documentation of the device abstraction layers

Sorry. No such documentation exists... :-(
But I'm currently preparing some sheets... ;-)

> or give some
> overview in a reply to this email.

Just wait some time...
I'll try to get the documentation ready for distribution next week.

> Alex
>
> [1] http://www.faumachine.org

        Volkmar
--
Dr.-Ing. Volkmar Sieh            Universit?t Erlangen-N?rnberg
                                 Lehrstuhl f?r Informatik 3 (Rechnerarchitektur)