qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QMP unstable tree status

From: Luiz Capitulino
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QMP unstable tree status
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:56:15 -0200

 Hi there,

 I've updated my QMP patches to work on top of Anthony's QJSON and my
conversion series.

 I was planning to post them as an RFC today, but turns out that there are
issues to be fixed and some cleanup to be done.

 Anyway, it's already in the master branch of my qmp-unstable tree:

http://repo.or.cz/w/qemu/qmp-unstable.git

 The most annoying issue is the lack of error handling, I've added some
simple checks but currently it isn't possible to know what went wrong.

 Here goes an example of a simple session:

"""
$ qemu [...] -monitor control,tcp:localhost:4444,server

[...]

$ telnet localhost 4444
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
{ "QMP": { "capabilities": [] } }
{ "execute": "info", "id": 42, "arguments": { "item": "version" } }
{"timestamp": "", "return": "0.11.50", "id": 42}
"""

 The QMP wiki page contains up to date information about the
conversion work:

http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/MonitorProtocol