qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: virtio: Report new guest memory statistics pertinen

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: virtio: Report new guest memory statistics pertinent to memory ballooning (V4)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:47:34 -0600

Avi Kivity wrote:
The new monitor will support async command completion but even then I don't think we should allow a guest to stop command execution indefinitely (it would tie up resources at the client).

Well, I think we're going to end up pushing this to 0.13 as we're quickly approaching the 0.12 freeze. In that case, let's not bother doing two commands and let's rely on adding asynchronous result reporting in qmp.

Freezing the monitor isn't really a DoS today as we support multiple monitors.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori