qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Unclear committer situation

From: Filip Navara
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Unclear committer situation
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 10:44:31 +0100

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Alexander Graf <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 02.12.2009, at 19:53, Artyom Tarasenko wrote:

>>> It's still whitespace damaged.  Attaching a second copy as an
>>> application/octet does not make the situation any better.  Take the time to
>>> send the patch properly and someone will take the time to review/apply it.
>>
>> I thought attaching a second copy were the way to send the patch properly.
>> Is the proper way described somewhere?
>
> From experience the easiest for everyone (at least the readers) is
> git-format-patch and git-send-email.

If only everything was as easy as it sounds. Unfortunately
git-send-email was for long time unavailable to Windows users and even
now it is barely usable and hard to configure. TortoiseGit once again
doesn't work because of the changed setting on the nongnu.org mail
server... For me it is never-ending battle, instead of working on QEMU
I have to "fix" the GIT tools to send the patches properly each time I
want to send a patch.

Best regards,
Filip Navara