qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE][Call-For-Testing] Release 0.12.0-rc1 of QEMU

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE][Call-For-Testing] Release 0.12.0-rc1 of QEMU
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 16:43:03 -0600

The QEMU team is pleased to announce the availability of the 0.12.0-rc1
release. This is the first release candidate for the 0.12.0 release. This release is not intended for production use.

Testing release candidates is a great way to contribute to QEMU and improve the quality of the 0.12.0 release.

The current plan is to release a 0.12.0-rc2 on Friday, Dec. 11th followed by the final 0.12.0 release on Wednesday, Dec 15th.

For this release candidate, we would appreciate as much testing and feedback as possible, particularly the following features which have seen a lot of activity since the 0.11.0 release:

- live migration; especially with non-x86 and complex machine configurations
 - block device migration
 - exotic x86 guests that may interact with the BIOS in special ways
 - PXE booting
 - SCSI disk support
 - any tools that depend on parsing monitor output

It can be downloaded from Savannah at:

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/qemu/qemu-0.12.0-rc1.tar.gz

Please send testing feedback (positive or negative) to qemu-devel and file bugs against the release candidate at:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu

On behalf of the QEMU team, I'd like to thank everyone who contributed
to make this release happen!

--
Regards,

Anthony Liguori