qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Spice project is now open

From: Glauber Costa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Spice project is now open
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:09:37 -0200

>> I think we should allow freedom of choice to the users to decide what
>> protcol they want to use, Spice and VNC are all diffrent and were born
>> to meet diffrent goals.
>>
>> I would happy to answer more questions if anyone have
>
> I think the simple point is that, AFAICS, the spice folks are expecting
> the qemu team to integrate their big ugly tarball, instead of doing what
> everyone else does, which is forward port everything to current head
> and then provide a current set of patches against GIT head.
>
> Anything else is just a waste of time. The paths both projects are
> at are too far apart.

More important than forward porting, is respecting the design decisions
a huge community has agreed upon. Of course, when you become part
of that community, you can try to shift these designs towards your goals,
but trying to force them is just ridiculous.

That said, I do believe spice can play a essential role in making us go
forward, but the attitude towards it has to change quite a bit.

--
Glauber  Costa.
"Free as in Freedom"

"The less confident you are, the more serious you have to act."