qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Using QEMU as an emulator for an industrial machine.

From: Florent Defay
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Using QEMU as an emulator for an industrial machine.
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:53:55 +0100

Hi,

I need your help:

I am working for an industrial company. Here, we build a machine composed of
- a board with a PowerPC as CPU
- classic devices such as ethernet
- other private devices.

LynxOS runs on the board with private applications and private
additional drivers.

We would like to use QEMU to emulate the whole hardware system so that
APP+KERNEL+DRIVERS run on QEMU. The goal is to debug without
downloading software onto the physical board, but directly on a Linux
PC.
I suppose we'll need to modify QEMU's source to add code to simulate
our private devices.

I would like to know if it is feasible? And then the degree of
difficulty to carry out the new emulator. Can a QEMUL newbie do that?
How much time would be needed? I guess it is very difficult but I need
concrete answers. Any advice is welcome.

Thank you.

Regards,
Florent Defay.