qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: commit rules for common git tree

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: commit rules for common git tree
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 19:23:28 +0200

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 05:01:38PM -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> Likewise, if you see a patch go in that you think would have benefited
> from being on the list, point it out.

How *would* I see it? I guess I could write scripts that correlated git
logs (or qemu commit list if it is ever resurrected) with mailing list
archive.  If patch is not there, look in mailing list around the time
for a hint: could have explanation in the discussion. Or maybe it is
part of a series someone pushed ... you get the point.

>  People are reasonable and if you  have a good suggestion, they'll
>  value your input and be likely to seek  it out in the future.

I would really like contributing to qemu development to be less painful
in the first place.

--
MST