qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Question on qcow2 image with base image

From: Naphtali Sprei
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Question on qcow2 image with base image
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 19:47:13 +0200

Hi,
when I use a qcow2 image based on a base image, what should happen when I
invoke the commit command from the qemu monitor ?
Is it expected/intended to "flush" the data into the base image ?
IIUC, that is what happening in the released qemu (0.12).
I would expect it not to touch the base image.

  Naphtali