qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] wiki.qemu.org

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] wiki.qemu.org
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:50:08 +0000

> Before doing the switch, I need to figure out what to do with the
> current texi documentation.  I think it makes sense to move
> qemu-doc.texi to a wiki page and remove it from the source repository.
> The other option would be to link to it as an external page and keep it
> within revision control.

I think removing the official documentation to the wiki would be a bad idea.
Anyone shipping qemu needs documentation that matches the version they're
actually shipping.  In particular I'd expect significant discrepancies between
master and the various stable branches, so we need versioned documentation. A
Wiki seems a poor solution to this.  It's also very useful to be able to ship
html/pdf versions of the documentation for offline use. I'm not sure how
feasible this is with wiki based documentation.

I'm happy for things like FAQs, howtos, internals documentation, explanation
of design choices, etc. to be on the wiki.

Paul