qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: EHCI support in QEMU

From: Jan Kiszka
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: EHCI support in QEMU
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 00:47:21 +0100

David S. Ahern wrote:
> On 03/03/2010 04:21 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:
>>> Yes, please post it. I won't promise anything either, but maybe I can
>>> find some time to help a bit. Anyway, I'd love to see EHCI in qemu.
>> Okay, here it is. Please note that the patch is very raw, does not
>> compile and even basic things like indention is broken at the moment.
>> Please refer to
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2008-10/msg01326.html for
>> the original author, nothing seriously of this patch is done by me.
>>
>> Kind regards and thanks for your help,
>> Niels
>
> FWIW: the attached compiles and qemu does not die (patch created against
> qemu-kvm.git but applies to qemu.git as well). For now I disabled uhci
> so that the device is attached to the ehci bus. I can attach a usb key,
> but lsusb in the guest (fedora core 12) does not show it.

Thanks for your work, David and Niels! I assume that David based this on
Niels' patch, so there is nothing to be merged? David's version built
for me, so I pushed

        git://git.kiszka.org/qemu.git ehci

So far it's supposed to be a reference for anyone interested in this
topic, willing to test or even to hack on it. I will collect and merge
improvements as they are sent to the list.

Jan