qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] BeOS R5 boot failure

From: François Revol
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] BeOS R5 boot failure
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:08:09 +0100 CET

> It's a known bug but nobody knows or has time to apply a solution.
>
> Bochs had the same bug and corrected it about November 2009, maybe
> checking their commit will make light to correct QEMU.

Ok, I might have a look at it, thanks.

> > It seems VirtualBox has the same issue. Older versions (ZETA) seem
> > work fine, but they have a totally different IDE subsystem.
>
> VirtualPC had the same fail also.
> Zeta however is not an older version but a newer one.

Yes I messed up, I meant newer of course.

> Considering Zeta is a non-authorized hack, who knows what have they
> changed.

I do, I worked at yellowTAB for a while. :p

ZETA switched to a customized version of the "IDE Replacement" stack
from Thomas Kurschel at some point:
http://bebits.com/app/2625

This whole FUD about ZETA not being legal has nothing to do in here.
Besides, if PalmSource/Palm/ACCESS loose documents in their cupboards
it's not my fault.

François.