qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Keyboard problems - Alt-GR QEMU 0.12.3 with VNC and ger

From: Gerhard Wiesinger
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Keyboard problems - Alt-GR QEMU 0.12.3 with VNC and german keyboard doesn't work
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 18:25:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010, Gerhard Wiesinger wrote:

Hello,

I'm having problems with QEMU 0.12.3 (and even older versions) that Alt-GR doesn't work: e.g. Alt-GR q should be @ but is still q.

Tested with e.g. Knoppix Live CD 6.2 and MS-DOS 6.22.

In general I'm having also keyboard problems with upper/lowercase/Shift state under MS-DOS 6.22 (KEYB GR loaded): Sometimes it is upper when it should be lowercase, so something with the keyboard emulation or VNC might be wrong.

own build:
qemu-0.12.3/x86_64-softmmu/qemu-system-x86_64 -k ...

VNC Client: UltraVNC 1.0.8.2

I found a fix which seems to be integrated but it doesn't work yet.
http://qemu-forum.ipi.fi/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4690

Also some links I've found already to the topic, but sill no solution yet:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+source/qemu/+bug/238684
http://qemu-forum.ipi.fi/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3978
http://patches.ubuntu.com/by-release/ubuntu/k/kvm/kvm_1:84+dfsg-0ubuntu10.slipped-patch
http://old.nabble.com/-PATCH-0-of-2--Fix-keymap-handling-for-vnc-console-td20505033.html

If you need some help to track down the problem let me know.

Any ideas or plans to fix?

No ideas?
I want to clarify the issue before beginning to debug and wasting hours ...

There is also an issue with caps lock not working correctly:
Pressing caps lock works, afterwards everything is uppercase. Pressing caps lock again, everything is still uppercase until shift is pressed.

Some information I've already debugged:
Pressing and releasing Alt-GR sends over VNC:
Control_L (0x0000ffe3) key down: 1
ALT_R (0x0000ffea) key down: 1
Control_L (0x0000ffe3) key down: 0
ALT_R (0x0000ffea) key down: 0