qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [DEBUG] how to use GDB to debug qemu?

From: robert song
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [DEBUG] how to use GDB to debug qemu?
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 17:24:43 +0900

Hello, everyone.
Now I am trying to read the QEMU source code.
And sometimes it's helpful to use GDB to do the debug for me to
understand the code.

For example, in the qemu environment,
I use gdb to attach to the qemu process.

Then I just run "info cpus" as following.
(QEMU) info cpus

But now how can I get into the rountine of "info cpus" ?
Of course, set trace point to the function can do the work, but if I
don't know where the routine is, is there any way to step into the
rountine?
Maybe it's sometimes about the usage of gdb, but I will be very
thankful if anyone can tell me some debug tips during the QEMU
development.

Best Regards,
  robert