qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Bug Day - June 1st, 2010

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Bug Day - June 1st, 2010
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 12:02:37 -0500

On 05/19/2010 09:52 AM, Luiz Capitulino wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 17:38:27 -0500
Anthony Liguori<address@hidden>  wrote:

Hi,

In an effort to improve the 0.13 release quality, I'd like to host a Bug
Day on June 1st, 2010.  I've setup a quick wiki page with some more info
(http://wiki.qemu.org/BugDay/June2010).
  Tuesday is our call conf day and other people have reported that they have
more confs during that day. Suggest Jun 2.

I don't have a problem with the 2nd.

Here's my basic thinking:

   - Anyone who can should try to spend some time either triaging bugs,
updating bug status, or actually fixing bugs.
  And testing, Fedora has a number of test cases already written, but
I guess that just a few are qemu specific:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-04-08_Virtualization

  We could link those and write our own, or at least list the major
features to be tested..

  Of course we could have a different day for testing too, but I think
this is a way to get everyone busy.

Yup, I think it's a good suggestion. Please update the wiki if there's anything you'd like to add.

   - We'll have a special IRC channel (#qemu-bugday) on OFTC.  As many
QEMU and KVM developers as possible should join this channel for that
day to help assist people working on bugs.
   - We'll try to migrate as many confirmable bugs from the Source Forge
tracker to Launchpad.
  Can't this be automated?

It could, but I think doing it manually could be helpful in culling bad bug reports.

If this is successful, we'll try to have regular bug days.  Any
suggestions on how to make the experience as fun and productive as
possible are certainly appreciated!
  Lots of foods and a Monty Python session in the evening.

Of course :-)

Regards,

Anthony Liguori