qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [CFR 6/10] cont command

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [CFR 6/10] cont command
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:11:24 +0200

Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
> cont
> ----
>
> Resume emulation.
>
> Arguments: None.
>
> Example:
>
> -> { "execute": "cont" }
> <- { "return": {} }

This is related to the commands, not QMP per se:

Once that we are talking about "cont" command.  There are two cases that
we need to think of:

- incoming migration:

If you start with -incoming foo, and then run "cont" on the monitor
without having started the migration .... corruption is ensured.

- outgoing migration

After sucessful migration, we can issue "cont" command in source, and
having source and target running at the same time -> disk corruption
again.

My suggestion:
- add a third state "incoming", and cont/stop don't work on that state
- add a fourth state "migrated", and "cont" gives an explicit error, and you
  have to run "cont --force" or "cont" twice (whatever) to get it to continue.

Later, Juan.