qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: KVM call agenda for July 27

From: Daniel P. Berrange
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: KVM call agenda for July 27
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 17:24:49 +0100

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 07:17:06PM +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
>  On 07/27/2010 06:28 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> >
> >If we add docs/deprecated-features.txt, schedule removal for at least
> >1 year in the future, and put a warning in the code that prints
> >whenever raw is probed, I think I could warm up to this.
> >
> >Since libvirt should be insulating users from this today, I think the
> >fall out might not be terrible.
>
> On a related note, we should ask libvirt to make qemu stderr output
> available to its users, or perhaps an ABRT plugin to report such
> messages from libvirt's logs.

QEMU stderr+out is already recorded in /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/$GUESTNAME.log
along with the env variables and argv used to spawn it. Or did you mean
provide an API + virsh command /virt-manager UI for accessing the logs ?

Daniel
--
|: Red Hat, Engineering, London    -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://deltacloud.org :|