[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 06/14] trace: Trace entry point of balloon reque
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 06/14] trace: Trace entry point of balloon request handler
Mon, 23 Aug 2010 08:15:37 -0500
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100713 Lightning/1.0b1 Thunderbird/3.0.6
On 08/23/2010 05:10 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 04:41:44PM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
ram_addr_t is not necessarily an unsigned long. It's actually a
uint64_t. Integer promotion should handle this in most cases but
having the definition in two different places worries me a bit.
I thought it is unsigned long:
cpu-common.h:typedef unsigned long ram_addr_t;
Yeah, the definition has changed I think so you're right.
ram_addr_t cannot be used explicitly because it is only defined for
softmmu targets. User-only builds do not define ram_addr_t and the
generated trace.h header would break the compile.
This is a more general weakness of the tracing system: it is fragile
under #ifdefed builds because it tries to work for softmmu, user-only,
and qemu-tools! Perhaps we should split the trace-events file.
I think documentation could go a long way to addressing this.
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 11/14] trace: Add trace-file command to open/close/flush trace file, (continued)
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 10/14] trace: Specify trace file name, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2010/08/12
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 05/14] trace: Trace port IO, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2010/08/12
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 09/14] trace: Support disabled events in trace-events, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2010/08/12
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 02/14] trace: Trace qemu_malloc() and qemu_vmalloc(), Stefan Hajnoczi, 2010/08/12
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 00/14] trace: Add static tracing to QEMU, Blue Swirl, 2010/08/12
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 00/14] trace: Add static tracing to QEMU, Anthony Liguori, 2010/08/22