[Qemu-devel] "sh: can't access tty; job control turned off" on Linux/SPA

From: 권영수
Subject: [Qemu-devel] "sh: can't access tty; job control turned off" on Linux/SPARC w/ QEMU
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 08:50:03 +0900

I am currently working on QEMU emulating Linux/SPARC.

I have compiled QEMU-0.12.5 and downloaded sparc-test-0.2.tar.gz

from qemu.org website.

When I have executed “qemu-g” which boots Linux/SPARC, the window

appears but finally it generates the following error.

dma1:Revision 0

ioremap: done with statics, switching to malloc

apc: power management initialized.

.... < no error messages >

VFS: mounted root  (ext2 filesystem) readonly.

Freeing unused kernel memory: 156k freed

“sh: can’t access tty. job control turned off” and the linux kernel

and then booting stops.

Is this the error or is this all I can get with sparc-test-0.2.tar.gz, i.e., no GUI?

I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me the way to get the source

code for making the linux kernel in sparc-test-0.2.tar.gz so that

I want to try to fix this.

Thank you all.