qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [RFT] qemu 0.13.0-rc3

From: Luiz Capitulino
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [RFT] qemu 0.13.0-rc3
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:45:48 -0300

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 17:15:30 -0500
Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:

> After suffering from a prolonged maintainer softlockup, I'm attempting
> to get 0.13.0 release process back on track.
>
> I've tagged qemu-0.13.0-rc3 in git which only carries a few changes
> since 0.13.0-rc1.  Most notably, a series of updates from Kevin Wolf and
> Cam Macdonell's ivshmem device.
>
> I think we're pretty good testing wise for the final release but I
> wanted to offer a 24-hour window for last minute fixes.  I'm only
> interested in the following:
>
> 1) Patches that are *tested* against the stable-0.13 branch that are
> already committed in master.  Please tell me explicitly that you've
> tested the patch and how you've tested it.
>
> 2) Pull requests from other maintainers with cherry-picked patches
> against stable-0.13 that have been tested.

I went through 0.13-rc3's log and found out a number of fixes missing,
some are quite old. Strange, I really thought they were all applied.

Maybe I confused myself when they got applied to master. Not sure.

Anyway, I've cherry-picked them in the following location:

  git://repo.or.cz/qemu/qmp-unstable.git for-stable-0.13

Please, note that there non-monitor fixes too.

Alex Williamson (1):
      savevm: Reset last block info at beginning of each save

Amit Shah (1):
      migration: Accept 'cont' only after successful incoming migration

Eduardo Habkost (1):
      disable guest-provided stats on "info balloon" command

Luiz Capitulino (3):
      QMP doc: Add 'Stability Considerations' section
      QMP: Update README file
      QMP/README: Update QMP homepage address

Marcelo Tosatti (1):
      set proper migration status on ->write error (v5)

Miguel Di Ciurcio Filho (2):
      QMP: update 'query-version' documentation
      QMP/monitor: update do_info_version() to output broken down version string