qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] request information on qemu console functionality

From: Gabi Voiculescu
Subject: [Qemu-devel] request information on qemu console functionality
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:07:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.

I am using a version of qemu from qemu-meego,
git://gitorious.org/qemu-maemo/qemu.git, compiled under ubuntu 9.04.

The questions I want to ask is however more general and I think apply to all
version of qemu.

Question 1
When qemu is built with SDL support, does it have a fully functional
console/terminal in the Ctrl-Alt-1 window? Or is that just an LCD/VGA/display
emulation (meaning it does not accept keyboard inputs)?

Question 2
The second question is if QEMU emulates a single serial console by design or if
this only limited by the platform emulation.

Thank you,
Gabi Voiculescu