qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] CFP: 1st International QEMU Users Forum

From: Frédéric Pétrot
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] CFP: 1st International QEMU Users Forum
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 09:20:25 +0100

Hi there,

   IMHO someone from code sourcery would be great, as they (Paul Brooks in the
   older versions, it seems that Nathan is now taking over) are contributing
   most of the ARM emulation stuff.
   We may also have both talks organized one after the other covering both
   topics, but then Wolfgang and I have to see how to fit into the time and
   financial envelops (we can only pay the entrance fee for one people).
   This is now a choice to be made by the qemu-devel people.
   Please try to converge fast, so that we are in time for the DATE booklet.

   Bye,
   Fred

PS: We have indeed ourselves worked on the acceleration of the neon support
    (neon on mmx/sse instead of helpers), but seing that the QEmu community is
    now really kvm oriented (not a criticism, I use virtual box very often and
    we also use kvm in other contexts), we didn't really know how to proceed
    to commit partial additions.

Nathan Froyd a écrit :
> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 11:26:05PM +0100, Alexander Graf wrote:
>>> Thanks, but really I feel like I'm just getting started with QEMU
>>> development myself, so I'm not sure I would be the best person
>>> to give a talk like that. I'm sure there's somebody else on the
>>> mailing list who would be better suited.
>> My offer stands. If we don't find anyone else, I'll jump in. Generic
>> qemu stuff I can always talk about ;)
>
> I would be happy to come and give an overview talk.  I don't know that
> our process for getting in patches that are non-x86+virtualization
> related are really that good, but perhaps we can have a discussion about
> that so that we have a better story to tell by March. :)
>
> -Nathan

| Frédéric Pétrot, Pr. ENSIMAG-TIMA/SLS   address@hidden |
| Phone : +33 4 76 57 48 70               Fluctuat  nec  mergitur |
| Mobile: +33 6 74 57 99 65               Ad augusta  per angusta |
| Fax   : +33 4 76 57 49 81               Eppur si muove          |