qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Spice-devel] RFC; usb redirection protocol

From: Hans de Goede
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Spice-devel] RFC; usb redirection protocol
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 17:30:47 +0100

Hi,

On 12/15/2010 01:20 PM, Frédéric Grelot wrote:
Do you know whenever certain low-level usb ops can work with this?

I expect most usb devices to work with this, I don't know about
really weird ones.

Specifically iphone firmware flashing was mentioned on the list.

I think that should work, but that is an interesting case about which
I don't know enough yet.

If that can help you, I may try to capture the usb activities while doing the
next firmware upgrade.
Unfortunately, it'll be under Windows so I don't know what tool I could use for
that.
If I can confirm that the upgrade works with Oracle Virtualbox, I could also
try that, and capture it at guest /and/ host level.

usb sniff logs under windows, or usbmon logs of the relevant bus under Linux
while doing
the update in a virtualbox vm would certainly be good to have.

Thanks,

Hans