qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] libqemu.a not made with version 0.13

From: Stefano Bonifazi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] libqemu.a not made with version 0.13
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 20:53:17 +0100

On 12/19/2010 05:51 PM, Andreas Färber wrote:
Am 19.12.2010 um 17:32 schrieb Stefano Bonifazi:

I need to create an application that execute a PPC binary on a i386 host with some input, and get the result from that binary.. I thought I could use libqemu in some "user mode" way (i do not need the full system emulation) .. I can't simply call qemu-ppc, as I need everything to be in the same process ..

Why? Can't you just pass the input via command line?

Regards,
Andreas
No I can't! First of all it is a specification of my project .. this "application" would be a SystemC TLM2 loosely timed module so it should be as fast as possible, it can't rely on "process intercommunication" all should be part of the same SystemC process.. moreover the inputs to be passed to the binary may be complex structs .. I'll need full access to the binaries address space for passing them someway the inputs ..
Thank you for your interest! :)
Best Regards,
Stefano B.