qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] libqemu.a not made with version 0.13

From: Stefano Bonifazi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] libqemu.a not made with version 0.13
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 21:00:48 +0100

On 12/19/2010 06:03 PM, Andreas Färber wrote:
In particular, on some platforms libqemu.a would seem to compile okay but the resulting QEMU executable would simply crash. We got around these --whole-archive issues by putting together lists of object files in Makefile.objs et al. that we can link into QEMU's executables directly.

It is theoretically possible for your application to integrate with our Makefiles and link to such objects directly. But again this is not supported and may break at any time. If you just need it for one assignment it may work - but don't expect instructions, you'd probably be the first one trying!

Regards,
Andreas
Thank You for your warnings!
I am just a student, it is already very hard for me to understand all the mechanisms of QEMU.. I can't base my project on bugged sources, I would be not able of fixing them while developing my project upon them..
Any idea how to go on?
Maybe editing qemu-ppc, inserting inside my own code?
Thank you in advance!
Stefano B.