qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: TCG flow vs dyngen

From: Stefano Bonifazi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: TCG flow vs dyngen
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 15:00:43 +0100

On 01/24/2011 02:36 PM, Lluís wrote:
Stefano Bonifazi writes:

Do you mean what is my final goal?
Exactly. A higher level perspective of what is our ultimate goal might
help others figure out better ways to do it.

Right now I don't remember what you posted your where technically trying
to do, but I do remember it looked convoluted to me.

Lluis

Sorry if I could not explain it better before, but it was not totally clear for me too since the beginning, as I get new specs from my teacher on the way, according what I manage to do, and where I find big obstacles! Now, the final goal is to get multiple instances of qemu-ppc driven by a systemc project executing on a x86 machine, with the different qemu-ppc instances used as emulators for power-pc binaries.. I would get the results of the run of the various ppc binaries back to the systemc project and work with the results then. I've already managed to integrate systemc with qemu-ppc, and I managed to load multiple instances of qemu together, by loading it as a dynamic library. I think much confusion about my goals was originated by the fact that the first attempt (failed) was to use qemu-user for loading many target binaries one after the other.. Then I changed for having many instances of qemu-user at the same time inside the same process.. The actual problem is letting qemu-user able of loading target code at a different address than the one chosen by the link editor when creating the binary..
If you are interested in that I've just created a new post about it:
  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2011-01/msg02361.html
Best regards,
Stefano B.