qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu/KVM VNC bug with French Keyboard and AltGr

From: Ahmet DEMIR
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu/KVM VNC bug with French Keyboard and AltGr
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 10:25:10 +0100

Hello,

When we launch KVM (12.5 or 13) with option -vnc 192.168.0.1:50 -k fr (or without option) we are not able to use AltGr key on Debian Squeeze or Windows 7.

I launch xev to see the keycode/keysyms, it's the same than del key (keycode 119).

SunJava6 send keycode ->  key code = 65406 (Alt graphe) on debian, but on Windows it send Alt and after Ctrl (so two keys).

I think the problem come from the VncServer on Qemu. But when i read the source code, i don't understand ^^

The bug looks at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kvm/+bug/238684https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kvm/+bug/238684 but different.

My VNC Client are RealVNC or TightVNC.

I don't know if is it possible to redefine the keycode of AltGr to become the good Scancode.

May be it's a knowed bug ?

Ahmet.