qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] General IO ports in pc386

From: Tomas Bures
Subject: [Qemu-devel] General IO ports in pc386
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 00:30:41 +0100

Dear all,

I'm preparing a class on embedded systems. I would like to make a client that interfaces with QEMU and the application running inside it. This client would simulate the physical environment that the application running inside QEMU should control. To achieve this, I would like to introduce use general IO ports (in a similar way they are used e.g. on ARMs). Please is there a simple way to emulate the general IO ports on pc386?

If not, what would be the simplest way to create (i.e. develop) a new device for QEMU? Is there any intro or some simple device, which could be taken as a stub?

Thank you. Best regards,
Tomas

--
Tomas Bures, Ph.D.