qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SymbianOS, MeeGO, WebOS and QEMU

From: Natalia Portillo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SymbianOS, MeeGO, WebOS and QEMU
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:27:16 +0000

Hi Peter,

El 28/02/2011, a las 19:15, Peter Maydell escribió:

> On 28 February 2011 18:53, Natalia Portillo <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Last time I checked SymbianOS source repository I found references to QEMU.
>>
>> Are they using QEMU for the simulator?
>> And for MeeGO?
>>
>> May HP also be using it for WebOS?
>>
>> We may propose putting their modifications upstream as a GSoC 2011 project
>> if it's the case.
>
> Meego uses QEMU, yes: there's a git repo here:
> http://meego.gitorious.org/qemu-maemo
>
> Upstreaming the OMAP3 support from that tree is on my TODO list,
> but if anybody actually wants to do it as a GSOC project that's
> fine with me. (Personally I would classify it as more of a chore
> than a fun project :-))
Feel free to add it to the GSoC projects list :p

> If anybody has a proposal for an interesting ARM qemu related
> project I might be able to act as mentor for it (no promises
> at this point, though.)

I proposed on GSoC 2010 to cleanup and finish the WIP that was done on 0.9.0
for emulation Acorn Archimedes platform.
It was going to be mentored by Paul Brook but no one took the project, so the
proposal is still up.
I cannot mentor it as I know nothing about ARM.

Check on
http://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2011#Enhance.2C_update_and_integrate_Acorn_Archimedes_system_emulation

Regards,
Natalia Portillo