qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: segmentation fault in qemu-kvm-0.14.0

From: Corentin Chary
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: segmentation fault in qemu-kvm-0.14.0
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 10:06:58 +0000

> Probably the best way is to make vnc stop fiddling with
> qemu_set_fd_handler2, specifically in threaded mode.
> Why does it need to set/reset the write handler all the time?

I didn't write the original code, but it's probably to avoid calling a
write handler when there is no data to write. That would make select()
busy loop when there are actually no data to write.
There is also the vnc_disconnect_start() case when the socket seems to
be broken and we remove all handlers.

> The other question is: Who's responsible for writing to the client
> socket in threaded mode? Only the vnc thread(s), or also other qemu
> threads? In the former case, just avoid setting a write handler at all.

Cheap stuff is done by the main thread (cursor, etc...). The thread
only do framebuffer updates.

--
Corentin Chary
http://xf.iksaif.net