qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] FYI, cgit is temporarily disabled on qemu.org

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] FYI, cgit is temporarily disabled on qemu.org
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:26:37 -0500

On 03/28/2011 03:22 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
We've been having problems on qemu.org all day. Initially, it was due to a combination of a small DoS attack (not uncommon unfortunately).

Later, the issue was observed when a crawler that was ignoring robots.txt started indexing git.qemu.org. We use cgit because of the fact that it does aggressive caching but it also seems to frequently SEGV leaving stale lock files. This is causing all pages to be dynamically generated which is an extremely slow path with cgit.

For now, I've disabled cgit until I can try a newer version. This only affects the web interface. Pulling and pushing via the git:// or ssh:// will continue to work.

Pulls from http:// will also continue to work.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Regards,