qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about total_sectors in block/vpc.c

From: Lyu Mitnick
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about total_sectors in block/vpc.c
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 04:40:12 +0800

Hello Kevin,

2011/4/14 Kevin Wolf <address@hidden>
Am 13.04.2011 22:59, schrieb Lyu Mitnick:
> Hello Stefan,
>
> I have a question about get_option_parameter(). I am wondering whether
> get_option_parameter  is suitable to use instead of doing the search by
> myself
> in the case like following:
>
> /* Read out options */
>     while (options && options->name) {
>         if (!strcmp(options->name, BLOCK_OPT_SIZE)) {
>             // do something
>         } else if (!strcmp(options->name, BLOCK_OPT_CLUSTER_SIZE)) {
>            // do something
>         }
>         options++;
>     }

Yes, I think it is, though you need to check whether the option has been
set in order to allow use default values.

Kevin

I have no idea about the mean of "check whether the option has been set in
order to allow use default values" , would you mind to give me an example about
it??

So as the example above. I am wondering whether the code should be rewritten
as:

/* Read out options */
if(get_option_parameter(options, BLOCK_OPT_SIZE)) {
    // do something
}

if (get_option_parameter(options, BLOCK_OPT_CLUSTER_SIZE)) {
    // do something
}

in QEMU??

Thanks