qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] mouse doesn't work on guest OS

From: John Haxby
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] mouse doesn't work on guest OS
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 09:03:28 +0100

On 22 May 2011, at 00:32, Brad Hards wrote:

My problem is
that, mouse is hanged in the middle of the screen.
I still don't understand the problem. I'm guessing you see the cursor in the
guest, but the host mouse isn't having any effect on that guest cursor.

I do :-)

I'm pretty sure that this is a problem whereby the mouse is advertising both absolute and relative positioning to Xorg, but is actually only sending absolute events -- which Xorg is ignoring.

Check /var/log/Xorg.0.log (or whatever Xorg is logging to) and look for "mouse" or "evdev" or "ignor".   If I'm right then you need to amend the config of the X server.   I don't have the details to hand, but it's in the Xorg man page.  Or just google for the relevant message you find in the log file.

jch