qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v4 07/12] serial: Implement ISA set_state() callba

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v4 07/12] serial: Implement ISA set_state() callback
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 18:08:32 +0200

Am 09.06.2011 um 17:35 schrieb Markus Armbruster:

Andreas Färber <address@hidden> writes:

Incorporate ISA VMState. Add "enabled" property.

Could you explain why you need to stick VMSTATE_ISA_DEVICE_V() into
vmstate_isa_serial, but not for the other devices?

I stuck it in all affected devices that have VMState. isa-parallel, as pointed out elsewhere, currently does not.
What are you referring to?

static const VMStateDescription vmstate_isa_serial = {
    .name = "serial",
-    .version_id = 3,
+    .version_id = 4,
    .minimum_version_id = 2,
    .fields      = (VMStateField []) {
+        VMSTATE_ISA_DEVICE_V(dev, ISASerialState, 4),
VMSTATE_STRUCT(state, ISASerialState, 0, vmstate_serial, SerialState),
        VMSTATE_END_OF_LIST()
    }

If I understand vmstate correctly, this breaks migration new -> old. Do
we care?

Are you referring to touching vmstate_isa_serial at all, or does the placement of the new field make the difference here?

Andreas