qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Actual TB code doesn't look like what was intended (TCG

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Actual TB code doesn't look like what was intended (TCG issue)?
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 08:46:03 +0100

On 24 June 2011 03:44, Max Filippov <address@hidden> wrote:

> Please note how the current instruction in gdb differ from what
> was said in OUT. This lea corrupts stack pointer and the next
> callq generates segfault.
> Could please anyone familiar with TCG take a look at this, or
> suggest where I should look myself?

You don't say which target you're compiling code for, or what
the input assembly was which triggered this.

My first guess is that the target's front end might have a bug
where it wrongly bakes in assumptions about bits of the CPUState.
QEMU will occasionally retranslate-in-place a TB (if a load in
the TB causes an exception) so if the frontend generates different
code the second time around things will go wrong...

You should be able to find out what's stomping on the code
with the aid of a debugger and some watchpoints.

-- PMM