qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] GSoC Intro - Intel Itanium (IA64) processor emulation

From: Prashant Vaibhav
Subject: [Qemu-devel] GSoC Intro - Intel Itanium (IA64) processor emulation
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 11:20:03 +0530

Hello!

My name is Prashant Vaibhav and I am working this summer on a Google Summer of Code project to implement software emulation of the Intel Itanium (IA64) architecture. The project is being mentored by Alexander Graf. I am a student studying at Jacobs University in Germany (staying in India for the summer). The work started late because of a trip that got extended, but I hope we'll catch up by the midterm evaluation next month.

For this project, initially only user level emulation for linux binaries will be done (scope of GSoC), which will later be extended to full system emulation. Currently I am writing an IA64 ISA disassembler.

I have set up a blog to document my progress. It can be accessed at

http://qemu.mercurysquad.com/

Weekly updates will be posted there, so keep an eye on it. During heavy coding, updates could be more frequent.  Excerpts from the project's proposal can be found on the blog right now. I am reachable by email at address@hidden and idle on #qemu and #qemu-gsoc IRC channels with nickname "pvaibhav"

Hoping for a productive collaboration!

~Prashant