qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU timing requirements

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU timing requirements
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 00:29:17 +0200

On 06/25/2011 10:02 PM, Mulyadi Santosa wrote:
On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 23:28, address@hidden
<address@hidden>  wrote:
No. What I do is using gen_helper_ to compile hooks into call/ret/jmp and
memory access. The Heuristics can then hook the events so calculation is
done during the execution of a basic block. I thought that it could be
possible that Qemu sets a timeout for BBL execution to prevent CPU
monopolization by e.g. a long sequence of rep. That would make sense because
my heuristics calculation time falls into the BBL execution time for Qemu.
Does anyone know more about that?
perhaps your heuristics code somehow coincide with the timer alarm
(PIT, HPET etc) emulation in Qemu....and somewhere your code is not
reentrant.....

Think I found the problem. It was a bug in my code and because of some weird circumstances, backtrace and addresses seemed to be a segfault in a BBL.