qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki spam

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki spam
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:06:37 -0500

On 07/15/2011 12:24 PM, Stefan Weil wrote:

Wiki spammers are still very active on qemu.org (see
http://wiki.qemu.org/Special:RecentChanges).

The QEMU wiki needs more technical protection against spam
and also more administrators who can remove spam pages
(I can't, so I simply emptied the pages I just found).

There's no simple solution to spam. Even captcha's are limited as many spammers are just using mechanical turks plus OCR to defeat captchas.

recaptcha had some problems recently so I had to disable it on the wiki which led to an influx of spam. It seems to be working fine again so I've reenabled it. Hopefully the spam activity will dramatically drop again.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Cheers,
Stefan Weil