qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu 0.12 monitor command syntax and interface

From: Vinay Venkataraghavan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu 0.12 monitor command syntax and interface
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 16:21:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I am implementing a generic interface that supports qemu versions 0.9 to 0.12.

As a result I have been trying to get the syntax for the monitor commands for
various qemu versions. I have scrounged all over but have not been able to find
the syntax for the device_add interface which is supported in qemu 0.12.

I would really appreciate it if someone could point me to the syntax for these
commands. The help text does not provide sufficient information about the
argument list either:

I tried many versions of this command but to no avail:

device_add
driver=virtio-blk-pci,bus=pci.0,addr=0x6,drive=/tmp/ec6f5d90-e734-4539-bd05-d7545e0f8323.img

Lastly does the device_add commands deprecate the pci_add commands or
generically do the device_* commands deprecate the pci_* commands?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

- Vinay