qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] a newbie question: code patches

From: cheetah
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] a newbie question: code patches
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 02:19:26 -0700

Sounds great. Thanks.
I am a newbie and still confusing on how to do it. Please excuse my ignorance.

If I forked a my own branch on qemu.git and develop against it.
For instance I change qcow2.c which depends on some functions in block.c which are different from qemu-kvm.git because qemu-kvm.git has an old version of block.c

In this case I need to generate a patch for both qcow2.c and block.c by diff with the qemu-kvm.git's version. This is done manually. And if more files are involved, it becomes really painful.

Is there any better way to generate a patch for qemu-kvm.git easily?

Peter