qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] FW: Qemu instruction count in user mode

From: Jain Diviya-B12553
Subject: [Qemu-devel] FW: Qemu instruction count in user mode
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 17:42:02 +0000

Hi,

I am currently using qemu in user mode. target platform is ppc , while host
machine is x86. I am a newbie and want to understand how to count instructions
of the target code. I see a number of posts etc , but they all seem to be for
system mode.

I am also not able to generate execution trace.
using following command line, I am able to see input ams, output asm etc in
/tmp/qemu.log
./bin/qemu-ppc -cpu e500v2 -d in_asm,out_asm my_bin

However when I give -d exec, I do not see any execution trace. How do I see
execution trace. my only intent is to count number of target instructions
executed. I am ok with getting a trace out and then count number of
instructions. This is because I do not want to spend much time in writing
complex functions just to count number of instructions in user mode.

Thank you,
Diviya