qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu 0.15.0 testing, usb redirection, and libusb_get_device

From: Juergen Lock
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu 0.15.0 testing, usb redirection, and libusb_get_device_speed()
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 22:26:56 +0200

Hi!

 I just prepared a preliminary update of the emulators/qemu-devel
port to 0.15.0 [1], and among other things it now also has a
usb network redirection feature using usbredir [2], which uses
libusb 1.0 and a function that is missing in our version,
libusb_get_device_speed().  I added a stub to the code that
always returns LIBUSB_SPEED_UNKNOWN
(files/patch-usbredirhost-usbredirhost.c in the usbredir port [2]),
question for Hans (I guess), would there be an easy way to make a
`proper' implementation?

 If anyone wants to help me test qemu 0.15.0, thanx!

 I also updated the net.c and net.h udp patches for gns3 for this qemu
version: (the other gns3 patchfiles for qemu 0.14 still apply)

        http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/qemu/qemu-0.15.0-gns3-patches/

 I added this note to the qemu-devel pkg-message about the usb
redirection [1]:

- If you want to test the new (in 0.15.0) usb network redirection (USBREDIR