qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re-playable trace!

From: shbi shb
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re-playable trace!
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 15:22:24 -0800

Hi,

Is it possible to get a re-playable trace (memory snapshot) in Qemu? Do you have any idea for adding this functionality to Qemu?
I need to get a trace of execution in the guest OS, do some modification on the trace and run it again.

My problem is that two execution trace of a program may not be the same. So, I would need one trace which I can run it in Qemu again. Do you have any clue?

Thank you,