qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] TB chaining

From: 陳韋任
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] TB chaining
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 09:58:33 +0800

>      /* list of TBs jumping to this one. This is a circular list using
>         the two least significant bits of the pointers to tell what is
>         the next pointer: 0 = jmp_next[0], 1 = jmp_next[1], 2 =
>         jmp_first */
>      struct TranslationBlock *jmp_next[2];
>      struct TranslationBlock *jmp_first;

  After tracing the code, I found the comment might be wrong.
For example, if we link tb1 to tb2, i.e., tb1 -> tb2. Then
"tb1->jmp_next[n] = tb2" and "tb2->jmp_first = tb1" (roughly
speaking). I'm not sure if I misunderstand the comment "list
of TBs jumping to this one", or it is just wrong.

Regards,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,