qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [FYI] Soft feature freeze for 1.0 is 10/15 (three weeks

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [FYI] Soft feature freeze for 1.0 is 10/15 (three weeks away)
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 08:05:24 +0000

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 12:34 AM, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
> Consider this a friendly reminder that we're only three weeks away from the
> soft feature freeze for 1.0.  I've written a wiki page about my expectations
> for the soft feature freeze.  It's inlined here for easier commenting.

I think the freezes and the release should be delayed until the memory
API conversion is finished, deliberately shipping semi-broken code
just to satisfy schedules does not benefit anyone but the schedule
creator. It looks to me that converting all buses and devices might be
finished by the deadline but it may as well take a bit more until
everything works again.