qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] scsi: lsi problems since "unit attention on reset"

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] scsi: lsi problems since "unit attention on reset"
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 17:22:35 +0200

On 09/26/2011 05:10 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
And you were right: it turned out to be a driver issue. The bug sneaked
in while adapting the original driver to some specific differences
between QEMU and real HW (here: lacking compat bit support).

Cool, then we can leave in the patch I think. I originally did it in hope of detecting possible bugs with (upcoming) migration support, which will use unit attention to make the guest requeue all requests on the destination. It looks like my goal has been attained.

Out of curiosity, have you ever looked into (or are you interested into) using multiple LUNs per target with the LSI driver? It crashes miserably for me with a page fault in the Linux ISR, and that's when I started using another device. :)

You can play with them on the scsi-addr branch of git://github.com/bonzini/qemu.git; just create two scsi-disk devices, with lun=0 and lun=1, and they will get the same target ID but two different LUNs. It's of course possible the bug is in my code, but then I got the same failure with two completely different implementations of the feature so...

Paolo