qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-kvm guest which won't 'cont' (emulation failure?)

From: Chris Webb
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-kvm guest which won't 'cont' (emulation failure?)
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 12:29:30 +0100

Kevin Wolf <address@hidden> writes:

> In qemu 1.0 we'll have an extended 'info status' that includes the stop
> reason, but 0.14 doesn't have this yet (was committed to git master only
> recently).

Right, okay. I might take a look at cherry-picking and back-porting that to
our version of qemu-kvm if it's not too entangled with other changes. It
would be very useful in these situations.

> If you attach a QMP monitor (see QMP/README, don't forget to send the
> capabilities command, it's part of creating the connection) you will
> receive messages for I/O errors, though.

Thanks. I don't think I can do this with an already-running qemu-kvm that's
in a stopped state can I, only with a new qemu-kvm invocation and wait to
try to catch the problem again?

Cheers,

Chris.