qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 1.0 Hard Freeze Logistics

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 1.0 Hard Freeze Logistics
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 10:07:25 -0500

On 10/31/2011 08:28 AM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
Hi,

Here are the logistics for the upcoming 1.0 hard freeze. All dates are reflected
in the wiki[1].

If you're a contributor and you've sent a series before the soft freeze
deadline, you've already done everything you need to do so sit back and enjoy
gorge yourself on Halloween candy.

If you're a submaintainer, the deadline for PULL requests for 1.0 hard freeze
will be EOD tomorrow (May 1st).

Er, November 1st.  I have no idea what was going through my mind.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

I encourage all submaintainers to spend today and tomorrow reviewing any
outstanding patches on the mailing list. I will do the same.

Once everything is processed, I'll update VERSION, and tag v1.0-rc0. I will not
upload a -rc0 tarball since this is basically a git snapshot. Unlike previous
releases, we will do this stable development in HEAD.

Our first release candidate will be tagged and released on November 7th (next
Tuesday). I'll do the release that Monday evening so that the -rc1 build is
available for out Test Day[2].

To make the Test Day more successful, please sign up to test a specific area on
the Test[3] wiki page.

We have a fairly long -rc cycle for this release so I expect submaintainers will
continue to maintain patches in their tree. I also think it would be good to set
up a -next staging tree but we can discuss that more in another thread.

[1] http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/1.0
[2] http://mid.gmane.org/address@hidden
[3] http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/1.0/Testing

Regards,